Thursday, October 23, 2008

Less than 2 weeks away!

It's slowly sinking in that I'll be taking off in less than 2 weeks! I don't think I'll fully appreciate it until I touch down in Mumbai and feel the Indian heat on my face. I can't say I'm nervous, but sometimes I do wonder if I'm fully ready to go and just rock it. I want to go with no agenda, no 10-step plan, no conventional expectations. Rather, I want to launch off with God and see where He takes me. I'm expecting Him to work in my life as I reach out to others and share His life and truth. I'm expecting Him to teach me all the great secrets of His heart - the ones that you can only learn in the stillness of waiting and abiding in His presence.

This is the stuff of life. I'm thrilled.

I'd appreciate your prayers for the following:
1. Smooth transitions in my life here in NYC before I leave
2. Safe and healthy travels
3. Find a home when I arrive in Mumbai (I've learned that I'll be staying at a staff member's place while he goes on a short vacation. During that time I'm to scout the city and secure my own place. I'd love to find something homey - ie: not a hostel or YMCA. Believe with me for a furnished apartment/sublet!)
4. Openness, flexibility and courage while leaving my comfort zone

6 comments:

Pet said...

Carolina, it'll be a beautiful journey & I guarantee you'll find a place easily. Being a world traveler myself & landing in places where I didn't know where I'd be staying right up until I got to the location but something always worked out. WOW/ I'll pray for you

Unknown said...

The journey has begun. I'm proud of you Carolina and you taking this step of Faith! God has gone before you.. have an expectant heart and enjoy the ride. YOu will come out victorious... ! Woohooo!!!

Carolina said...

Thanks so much ladies for your encouragement! I'm clinging onto Jesus - it's the only way :)

Melissa said...

Carolina, I left you a voicemail that I couldn't come on Sat. Our car was being fixed and it wasn't in our possession. I really wish I could have come! Looks like it was a great time! When exactly do you leave? Since I was not there and missed church this Sunday, could we go eat with my mom and whatever other girls want to go? Let me know.

-Melissa

JCluvsE said...

Carolina, we miss you already.your first week is almost done!:)less than 90 days to go till we see you in person and hear the amazing things God has made you a witness to in INdia.:))sobrang init!!

Unknown said...

i'm visualizing u lost in the busy streets, walking slowly and cautiously..w/ the fake stern face while bargaining. i can't help chuckling...nevertheless, i'm praying for you and ur new ministry in India God has planned!